This is an intermediate-level class that covers libraries for creating static and dynamic visualizations using Python. You will learn how to create charts, plots, maps and animations using various Python libraries. The course also covers advanced data processing techniques using Pandas, GeoPandas, and XArray.
- Python Foundation for Spatial Analysis or equaivalent
- Understanding of the Python data visualizaiton landscape
- Ability to explore and visualize all types of tabular and gridded datasets
- Create interactive mapping visualizations
- Build interactive dashboards and web mapping applications
- Introduction to Python Data Visualization Landscape
- Tabular and Vector Data Visualization
- Creating charts and plots using Pandas
- Creating maps with GeoPandas
- Using basemaps with Contextily
- Raster and Gridded Data Visualization
- Raster Data Visualization using Xarray and rioxarray
- Mapping Gridded Datasets with Xarray and CartoPy
- Interactive Mapping
- Creating Interactive Maps with Folium
- Creating Multi-Layer Interactive Maps with GeoPandas
- Dashboards and Apps
- Introduction to Streamlit
- Building an interactive mapping dashboard
Upon successful completion of all the live online sessions and assignments, participants will be issued an employer-verifiable certificate from Spatial Thoughts. Learn more.
See our other Course Offerings.