This is an intermediate-level class that covers libraries for creating static and dynamic visualizations using Python. You will learn how to create charts, plots, maps and animations using various Python libraries. The course also covers advanced data processing techniques using Pandas, GeoPandas, and XArray.
- Python Foundation for Spatial Analysis or equaivalent
- Understanding of the Python data visualizaiton landscape
- Ability to explore and visualize all types of tabular and gridded datasets
- Create interactive mapping visualizations
- Build interactive dashboards and web mapping applications
- Introduction to Python Data Visualization Landscape
- Tabular and Vector Data Visualization
- Creating charts and plots using Pandas
- Creating maps with GeoPandas
- Using basemaps with Contextily
- Raster and Gridded Data Visualization
- Raster Data Visualization using Xarray and rioxarray
- Mapping Gridded Datasets with Xarray and CartoPy
- Interactive Mapping
- Creating Interactive Maps with Folium
- Creating Multi-Layer Interactive Maps with GeoPandas
- Dashboards and Apps
- Introduction to Streamlit
- Building an interactive mapping dashboard
Upon successful completion of all the live online sessions and assignments, participants will be issued an employer-verifiable certificate from Spatial Thoughts. Learn more.
Work through our study material at your own pace. No certificate or support will be provided.
Instructor-led live online sessions
Get an employer-verifiable certificate from Spatial Thoughts and lifetime technical support.
Cost: USD $120 / EUR €100 / INR ₹7500 + GST
Meet Our Participants
This is the course exactly what I was looking for. Ujaval knows how to teach, what to teach and how much to teach which is a huge plus point for a fresher. I am definitely enrolling to all the courses. Kudos Ujaval and Vigna.Keep up the good work.Rishab S V
Software Engineer, Avineon India.
The training course materials are very well prepared. The supplementary materials based on the response from the participants are great.Firman Hadi
Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia
Understanding spatial data formats is always a challenge because no institution is going how to read them and how to use them in various projects. The support from Ujaval and Vigna is highly appreciated and i’m very thankful to both of them.Manan Tomar
Student, CH. Charan Singh University , India
It’s fantastic attending this course. Learning to use Colab notebook for virtual analytics and processing large files (raster and vectors) from url and several python libraries was particularly significant for me.Michael Ogungbuyi
University of Tasmania, Australia
Awesome! The exercises and examples were practical and useful for anyone who regularly works with spatial data and needs to visualize the results. Ujaval does a great job of making it approachable for everyone. This short course dramatically accelerated my process of learning python.Ryan Rock, University of Montana – Spatial Analysis Lab, United States