GDAL is an open-source library for raster and vector geospatial data formats. The library comes with a vast collection of utility programs that can perform many geoprocessing tasks and build scalable spatial ETL pipelines without the need for expensive software. This class introduces GDAL and OGR utilities with example workflows for processing satellite and aerial imagery.
- Familiarity with raster and vector data processing OR Spatial Data Visualization and Analytics course
- Write commands to process large volumes of data
- Effectively work with drone/aerial imagery
- Automate satellite data processing
- Build Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) pipelines
- Introduction to GDAL/OGR Utilities
- Raster Data Processing with GDAL Tools
- Working with Elevation Data
- Processing of Aerial Imagery
- Processing Satellite Data
- Merging individual bands into RGB composite
- Apply Histogram Stretch and Color Correction
- Pan Sharpening
- Raster Algebra
- Georeferencing images with corner coordinates
- Georeferencing with GCPs
- Downloading WMS Layers
- Vector Data Processing with OGR Tools
- Working with CSV Files
- Working with Virtual Files
- Geoprocessing and Spatial Queries
- Multi-Criteria Weighted Overlay Analysis
- Running commands in batch
Although I am working with GDAL already, this course is helping me reach the next level in my GDAL skills as I have learnt many other things in GDAL during this course. Ujaval is such an excellent teacher and the many examples he gives during the course makes the class interactions very lively and interesting.Ellen Brock, Freelance data scientist, India.
Great course with very practical examples, Ujaval teaches it in an approachable way and is very thorough and kind in responding to even simple questions. It was extremely useful to be in the class, follow along step by step and hear about the reasoning behind each decision.Pushkar Kopparla, Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Bern
See our other Course Offerings.
To host this course at your organization, contact us now!