Gain a solid understanding of spatial data and open-source tools available to work with it. The participants learn practical skills to analyse spatial patterns, derive location intelligence, and produce stunning visualizations. This course is suited for data scientists, business analysts, journalists, data viz engineers and developers who want to incorporate spatial data intro their workflows.
- Ability to work with all types of spatial data
- Visualize and analyse location-based datasets
- Integrate spatial data in data science workflow
- Spatial thinking and modeling spatial data
- Data formats
- What makes spatial ‘special’?
- Introduction to QGIS
- Mapping Air Quality
- Mapping Census Data
- Mapping GPS tracks and trajectories
- Analyzing urban transport with anonymized taxi trips data
- Analyzing Urban Infrastructure
- Location intelligence: Overlay analysis
See our other Course Offerings.
To host this course online or at your organization, contact us now!
Excellent modern introduction to Spatial Data Analytics. First of its Kind. Marries GIS and Data Science into a format which stresses equally on visualization and analyses. The datasets and techniques being used are innovative and seldom explored.Althaf S. Assistant Professor,
Steve Jobs Informatics Centre
National Institute of Technology Calicut
What a fantastic course. Structure was efficient and the presentation was outstanding. The knowledge Ujaval passed on was exceptional and will help me work more proficiently and more importantly with confidence. Thank you very much Ujaval.Russell Brack, UK