This class covers Python from the very basics. Suitable for GIS practitioners with no programming background or python knowledge. The course will introduce participants to basic programming concepts, libraries for working with spatial data, geospatial APIs and techniques for building spatial data processing pipelines.
- Knowledge of GIS concepts [OR] Spatial Data Visualization and Analytics course
- Knowledge of how to setup the Python environment and install packages.
- Ability to write simple scripts for data processing, querying web APIs and using geospatial libraries.
- Familiarity with data science libraries to scale your analysis to large datasets.
- Setting up the environment using Anaconda and Jupyter notebooks
- Programming basics – variables, data structures, functions, flow control
- Reading and writing files (file I/O, csv)
- Installing and using libraries (geopy)
- Using web APIs (openrouteservice)
- Introduction to modern data science libraries (numpy, pandas)
- Introduction to spatial analysis (geopandas)
- Using raster data (rasterio)
- Building scripts and automating workflows
See our other Course Offerings.
To host this course at your organization, contact us now!