This class is ideal for participants in the hydrology and water resources domain who already use QGIS and want to take their skills to the next level. This class covers a variety of applications for water resources management with a focus on techniques for automating your workflows, advanced visualization techniques, QGIS expression engine and must-have plugins.
- Familiarity with QGIS [OR] Spatial Data Visualization and Analysis course
- Automate Map Creation and GIS Workflows
- Increase productivity and reduce errors
- Solve complex spatial analysis problems
The class will cover following applications and teach you how to implement the end-to-end workflows using QGIS.
- Automating calculation of Areal Mean Rainfall using Processing Toolbox
- Thiessen polygon method
- Isohyetal method
- Processing of satellite datasets for ET, Precipitation, Vegetation Indices using Batch Processing Mode
- Extracting a time series for selected locations
- Computing monthly, seasonal and annual statistics for different administrative and hydrological units
- Automating creation of water atlases
- Reclassifying Land use/Land cover data for Water Accounting
- Assessing spatial homogeneity and estimating missing rainfall data using Advanced Expressions
- Calculating and plotting deviation from long-term mean of annual rainfall
- Combining non-spatial inputs and creating interactive charts
Spatial Thoughts is one of the handful of QGIS certifying organizations globally. Participants who attend a live session of this class will each receive an official, employer-verifiable certification from QGIS.org.
See our other Course Offerings.
To host this course at your organization, contact us now!