Gain a solid understanding of spatial data and open-source tools available to work with it. The participants learn practical skills to analyse spatial patterns, derive location intelligence, and produce stunning visualizations. This course is suited for data scientists, business analysts, journalists, data viz engineers and developers who want to incorporate spatial data intro their workflows.
This course uses QGIS software and also serves as an introductory course to learn QGIS.
- Ability to work with all types of spatial data
- Visualize and analyze location-based datasets
- Integrate spatial data in data science workflow
- Ability to use QGIS for mapping and spatial analysis
- Spatial thinking and modeling spatial data
- Data formats
- What makes spatial ‘special’?
- Introduction to QGIS
- Mapping Air Quality
- Mapping Census Data
- Mapping GPS tracks and trajectories
- Analyzing urban transport with anonymized taxi trips data
- Analyzing Urban Infrastructure
- Location intelligence: Overlay analysis
See our other Course Offerings.
To host this course online or at your organization, contact us now!
Brilliant presentation and delivery from instructor. His knowledge of GIS is impeccable, so is his composure. I learnt a lot from the course to add up to my GIS skill-sets especially and spatial data analysis.Ibrahim Khalid Mambo, Commission for Lands, Zanzibar
What a fantastic course. Structure was efficient and the presentation was outstanding. The knowledge Ujaval passed on was exceptional and will help me work more proficiently and more importantly with confidence. Thank you very much Ujaval.Russell Brack, UK